Precise excitation without mass-loading
To achieve consistent transfer functions in experimental modal tests, an excitation source with repeatable force level is key. The unrivalled repeatability of the SAM Scalable Automatic Modal Hammer perfectly matches PSV Scanning Vibrometers. Two models allow for excitation of small and large structures with force ranges up to 200 N and 2.200 N. Use the SAM Scalable Automatic Modal Hammer for precision excitation without mass-loading in modal testing and modal analysis.
- Repeatable excitation avoids double hits
- Precise force level control enables structural linearity checks
- Reproducible position and angle for consistent transfer functions
- Bandwidth > 20 kHz for lightweight structures
- Force levels up to 2200 N also excite large structures
- Adjustment of the operational hit angle to excitation from all directions
- External trigger option for acoustic quality control
- Expanded operating temperature range up to 120°C (248°F) for climate chambers etc
Automatic excitation for modal testing
The Scalable Automatic Modal Hammer type SAM1 is a tripod mountable actuator for sample excitation in experimental modal analysis and acoustic quality assurance with force levels up to 200 N. The software controlled stepper motor allows for a high definition control of all relevant parameters and the travel of the hammer arm featuring the integrated force transducer.
Scalable Automatic Modal Hammer type SAM3 is a tripod mountable actuator for excitation of larger samples in experimental modal analysis and acoustic quality assurance with force levels up to 2200 N. The software controlled stepper motor allows for a high definition control of all relevant parameters of the impact of an instumented modal hammer.
The SAM GUI supports a convenient parametrization of the automatic modal hammer. The version PROFESSIONAL comes with additional features and a remote control supporting even more a quick set-up and a precise excitation.