PSV Scanning Vibrometer Software
PSV Software is the core of every Polytec full-field vibration measurement system. It's dedicated to the acquisition and processing of vibration measurement data using PSV, PSV-3D, MSA-500 and UHF-120 systems.
Keep on track with the latest technology!
- First year of maintenance included with every purchase
- Participate in Polytec's...
- software maintenance program
- university program for education and science
PSV Software is a powerful tool that provides (depending on version):
- Precise automatic and mouse control of lasers and scanners
- Advanced video settings including zoom and focus
- Laser autofocus for scanning laser heads for best S/N ration
- Vibrometer controller settings for one or two controllers
- Motorized pan and tilt control of the optional PSV-A-T11.
- Frequency domain and time domain
- Up to 819,200 FFT lines and 64 MSamples
- Time-domain animation - "slow motion" e.g. of switching or decaying processes (option)
- Digital and analog filters, signal averaging: complex, magnitude, time and peak-hold
- Real-time integration and differentiation in time and frequency domain
- Geometry scan (option)
- Geometry optimization with VideoTriangulation (option)
- Grid import and export with smoothing, coarsening and refining functions
- Manual grid generation and manipulation
- Up to 512 x 512 scan points per object
- Intuitive and animated data visualization
- Interfaces with modal, FEM and other software
- PolyFileAccess, an open programming interface for 3rd party solutions
- a scripting engine Visual Basic® compatible scripting engine
- Seamless integration into the engineering work flow and the IT environment.
- SignalProcessor to apply various mathematical operations to the measured data.
- Project browser allows easy access to complete projects, measurement files and macros.
- Pseudo-colors, isolines and wire mesh display of operational deflection shapes
- Impressive frequency-selective 3D animation (also with overlaid object image)
- Export as AVI or animated GIF file, graphics or data
Single license and floating licenses are available for convenient off-line analysis of datasets acquired with your measurement system.
Floating licenses allow a specified number of users working with the software at the same time on the same network. A software protection dongle (USB) is provided for installation on one computer in the network.
The analysis software PSVSoft-D includes all software options that are already installed on the main system. Options missing from the main system cannot be made available for the desktop software.
The analysis version of the PSV software comes with 12 months of software maintenance. During this period software updates are provided free of charge.
Operating system of the client computer: Windows 7 32 and 64 b, Windows XP (SP3) 32 and 64.
The software protection dongle can be installed on computers running Windows XP (SP3) 32 bit
Minimum system requirement: AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 1 GByte RAM
Recommended system configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 -bit color display, 1280 x 1024. For optimal display results in presentation mode we recommend a graphics board with 3-D hardware acceleration.
Newly Designed PSV 9.0 Scanning Vibrometer Software
Aside from functionality supporting the updated PSV-500 hardware, the brand new Version 9.0 Scanning Vibrometer Software has powerful new features for all users, including those participating in one of our software maintenance plans such as the special university program. The newly designed user interface provides more flexibility and is customizable to meet individual needs. The long-term user will notice that all of the familiar functions necessary to perform a measurement with ease have been retained. Shortcuts improve access to standard features for the power user.
New Look and Feel
There are many beneficial changes in core functionality. The alignment process for example is dramatically improved with the “High Contrast Laser Display“: a machine vision technology to avoid glare in the camera image from the laser reflecting off shiny surfaces. The “SignalProcessor“ post processing feature can now be used to instantly compare stored and live data, which is beneficial especially when setting up excitation signals for experimental modal analysis tests. New analyzer functionality is implemented in the presentation mode, and the ears will benefit from the PSV-S-Audio option, listening to live and stored data files to, for example, assess how well tuned the structure is. Version 9.0 will be the last release to support Windows XP, but nearly all PSV models can be upgraded to the latest operating system.
How to benefit from the latest innovations
Polytec will design for you a personal software maintenance plan, which entitles you to receive a copy of the latest release. Contact your local Polytec representative for the latest information. Please consult the documentation delivered with your software and the release notes for a detailed description of further improvements, hardware requirements, hardware compatibility, supported software interfaces and bug fixes.
Upgrade program: Uplift Windows XP to Windows 7
This upgrade program is intended for users of PSV-400 and MSA-500 systems with Windows XP based Data-Management Systems (DMS). It will save your investment for a future productive use after the discontinuation of the operating system.
The program will be tailored to the requirements of every individual system and comprises
- the upgrade of the DMS (hardware, operation system, all Polytec software licenses),
- a renewal of the software maintenace contract,
- an upgrade of all necessary changes of the hardware
- a complete system check.
Call us for your individual upgrade program!