Whenever goods are sold by length in the EU, they need to be measured on calibrated equipment. The LSV MID is certified in line with 2014/32/EU and is therefore prepared for use in such systems.
Knowing the exact strip length and the current velocity is also key if you are to optimize your costs and processes. Non-contact sensors such as the LSV-2000 laser surface velocimeter far exceed the performance of conventional contact-based and contactless measurement methods. At the same time, they offer a high level of robustness and reliability in challenging industrial environments and benefit from both minimal maintenance requirements and low maintenance costs.
- For calibrated machines; certified in line with 2014/32/EU MID (Measuring Instruments Directive)
- High process reliability and cost-effectiveness
- Simple process integration thanks to the flexible interface concept (digital I/O, Ethernet, encoder output)
- Robust sensor technology for reliable operation even under harsh conditions; housing protection classes: IP66 and IP67
- Two trigger inputs available for additional light barriers, or optical switches for high-precision edge detection and offset length compensation
- Ease of operation using the touchscreen
- Fast signal processor with powerful command set for short response times
- Application-optimized accessories such as optional cooling, air purge and cooling protective housing for use in challenging production environments
Data security and transparence for calibrated systems
Combined with the easy process integration and convenient operation, the high level of data security makes the LSV-2000 MID your measuring instrument of choice for reliable processes, controlled velocity and precise cut-to-length applications.
Make the most of the application advantages offered by laser-based optical length and velocity measurements and, at the same time, benefit from the cost-effectiveness and simple integration as a result of the flexible interface concept (digital I/O, Ethernet, encoder output). LSV MID consist of the sensor head LSV-2000 MID and the controller LSV-E-112 MID with an integrated touchscreen.