Polarizers are designed to reduce specular glare by passing only the light polarized in the direction perpendicular to the reflected light (glare). In addition, they help improve contrast, increase color saturation and detect imperfections in transparent materials. Polarizing Filters can be easily and securely mounted to your lens and light source for maximum extinction or glare reduction.
Polarizing filters from Polytec come in variants suited to the 200 to 1,100 nm wavelengths. They are suitable for both monochrome and color cameras.
Avoid overwhelming reflection on:
- Liquid surfaces, such as water, etc.
- Glass surfaces
- Smooth, reflective plastic surfaces
- Metallic shiny materials
Mount & Size Options:
- Threaded mount sizes: M22.5 to M105
- C/CS mount, slip mount for lenses without filter threads, step-up/step-down adapter
- Custom shapes and sizes; mounted and unmounted versions available