Engineering Services & Rentals
Structural Dynamics, Acoustics and Ultrasonics
Polytec offers an attractive rental program as well as engineering services by our experienced application engineering team. We pride ourselves in fast response times and a flexible schedule depending on your needs. Our specialties include, besides general vibration testing, structural dynamics characterization of large structures as well as microstructures, finite element model validation and surface metrology.
- Avoid long procurement cycle (short turnaround)
- Utilize project funding
- Fast response
- Flexible & customized solutions
- Instant results, with no equipment learning curve
Please contact us at 949-943-3033 or send us an email at email@example.com to find a solution for your measurement needs.
The tests can be run in one of our state-of-the-art engineering centers and test facilities located in North America (Detroit MI, Boston MA, Los Angeles and San Francisco CA), Europe (Germany, France, Great Britain) and Asia (Japan, Singapore) or at the convenience of your facility (on-site). No matter where, Polytec's Application Engineers use the latest measurement technology to acquire the best data for you.
Automated Structural Dynamics (RoboVib) Test Lab
Identify noise sources and rapidly find acoustic hot spots to optimize NVH and CAE accuracy. Rapid results for experimental modal analysis.
- FE Model Updating on a Body In White
- NVH Troubleshooting
- Optimizing Damping Material Placement
- Measure and Locate Structure-Borne Sound Sources
Structural Dynamics Lab
Measure the behavior of a structure dynamically for optimization from the acoustic range all the way up to ultrasonic range.
- Root Cause Failure (ex. post production circuit board)
- Quantifying head protection (ex. helmet)
- Vibration measurements on rotating components
- Dynamic Stress and Strain measurements (ex. turbine blades)
MEMS 3-D Motion Analysis Lab
Accurate displacement measurements and dynamic testing of device response to determine mechanical parameters such as resonant frequency, stiffness and damping. Design validation of performance versus expected FE model predictions. Quantify actuators and devices in the time domain providing 3D visualizations of measured settling time dynamics as well as precise motion analysis.
- Comb drive resonator
- Dynamic response of mirror array
- Modal response of cantilever based on mechanical parameters
- Nano Electro-Mechanical (NEMS) structure measurements
Surface Topography Lab
Measure ultrafine topography through a microscope or on large structures for reverse engineering or an understanding of the finalized geometry of an object. Output includes surface characteristic features: shape, geometry, curvature, roughness, step height, etc.
- Quality control of ultrasonic inhalers
- Sealing surface – roughness, waviness, scratches
- Step heights between surfaces
- Flatness and parallelism
- Maintain and understand sealing surfaces
Geometry and Metrology Lab
Scan complete parts for geometric benchmarking and controlling prototype dimensions.
- Quality control of automotive components
- Reverse engineering
- Validate production to design
- Check molds and forms for tolerances
- Access to the latest, specialized measurement technology. This improves the quality of the data and leads to a better understanding of the structure under test
- Fast response to short-notice, critical characterization requirements, eliminating the long procurement cycle for a capital purchase
- Solves the ”occasional“ measurement dilemma where precise data must be acquired but infrequent utilization cannot justify an equipment purchase
- Extended product evaluations allow the measurement solution to be refined prior to purchase
- In some instances this may help build a stronger justification for purchase by better understanding the benefits and more effectively communicating them with upper management.
Vibrometer systems characterize virtually anything that vibrates with velocities up to 30 m/s, frequencies up to 30 MHz, and down to picometer resolution. Complete measurement results are provided to the customer and may include frequency response functions, operational deflection shapes, time and frequency domain response, 3-D motion vectors, in-plane and out-of-plane MEMS dynamics, structure geometry and surface topography. Data can be exported in several formats for further processing such as FE correlation and modal analysis or order analysis.
Engineering Services for Automated Vibration Measurement Through to Complete Modal Testing
Polytec supplies high-grade measurement data from experimental modal tests for simulation departments in the industrial R&D sector. This modal analysis then allows seamless and highly efficient FE model updating.
An experimental modal test by Polytec encompasses planning, setup, measurement of the transfer functions and depiction of the deflection shapes, with the further option of modal analysis based on the measured data. Polytec vibrometer systems and software enable non-contact, precision measurement at a large number of measuring points, delivering very good MAC values when comparing experimentation and simulation. The measurement grid can be imported from the simulation, enabling direct comparison of the values at identical measuring points or nodes, thus ensuring easy model updating.
If you are a development or test engineer, benefit from the latest Polytec measuring technology and from the know-how of our experienced staff. They can help you to utilize the full potential of the measuring systems deployed and to obtain top-class measurement data.