To maintain the critical accuracy of your LDV, regular calibration and verification can be performed by certified Polytec Engineer’s either at our facility or onsite at yours. This ensures that your system is operating in an optimal fashion maintaining the ultra low noise floor that only Polytec lasers can achieve. While calibrating your system we also clean the optics to allow light transmissibility, adjust any laser alignment to optimize the signal, and measure the output of the laser tube to give complete confidence in all your critical measurements.
A complete calibration and check-up of an LDV System includes:
- Cleaning of internal components to eliminate dirt and dust build up which degrade the laser signal
- Verify over a range of frequencies and amplitudes with DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) technology that the electronic outputs are in conformance with their specifications.
- Cleaning of optics to keep a concise beam. The beam always looks good to your eyes, but our equipment can determine if everything is in perfect operation
- Any necessary alignments and tuning of the optics.
- An assessment of the integrity of the output of the laser tube.
- Final verification on a calibrated shaker
- A certificate of calibration and compliance