RSV-150 Remote Sensing Vibrometer
The detection of vibration and displacement on distant structures, machine parts and buildings can now be achieved quickly and effortlessly. The RSV-150 Remote Sensing Vibrometer is designed for point-and-shoot condition monitoring and testing the dynamics of structures from a distance. Its advanced laser Doppler interferometer technology saves time by avoiding contact sensor installation and is readily applied to any vibration measurement task.
The intrinsic high optical sensitivity and a very good signal-to-noise ratio on all technical and organic surfaces can be transferred into the lab using close-up lenses.
Lab use with close-up lens
High optical sensitivity – very good signal-to-noise ratio on all technical and organic surfaces
- Wide bandwidth up to 2 MHz (20MHz on request) - for NDT measurements
- pm resolution – reveals spectral content
- High speed - 24 m/s velocity for drop and impact experiments
- Stabilized laser allows for precise displacement measurements
- Visible pilot laser and inline camera for easy setup also on small objects
- Long range > 300 m on many surfaces - allows for remote access to hazardous areas
- In-line video camera - full visual control and easy targeting
- µm resolution on long distances- reveals the tiniest displacements
- Wide bandwidth up to 25 kHz - enables condition monitoring e.g. of gearboxes
- Class 2 laser - safe operation without laser safety restrictions
- Easy setup in minutes and point-and-shoot operation – no cabling or measurement point preparation
- Works for most surface properties – effortless measurements on encrusted and dirty surfaces without prior cleaning e.g. in mining environments
- IP-63 sensor – designed for outdoor use
Polytec's RSV-150 offers a full solution for vibration analysis: An interferometric optical sensor equipped with long range lens, an in-line video camera and additional green pilot laser for targeting at short and medium distances. The video camera image shows the measurement spot location at any distance.
The controller converts the sensor signals into a voltage output for velocity and displacement. The RSV-150 output is non-proprietary and thus it can be used with any data acquisition system or data logger.
The RSV-150 is shipped with a rigid tripod system featuring coarse adjustment with a 3-way geared head and additional fine adjustment for precise targeting on remote objects.
The Remote Sensing Vibrometer RSV-150, designed to measure vibration and displacement from remote distances, expands its applications the controller RSV-E-150-M.
The new controller expands the max. velocity to 24 m/s, which is the level of the current High Speed Vibrometers HSV (30 m/s), but with much higher range and optical sensitivity. The bandwidth is expanded as well to 2 MHz (25kHz with the standard –B controller).
The main applications are found in ultrasonic NDT, e.g. on tracks or for leak detection, as well as in applications requiring high speeds and accelerations like in falling towers and pyroshock experiments.
The close-up lenses RSV-A-261 and RSV-A-166 shift the limit of the closest working distance below 5 m. Using one or two lenses in combination different variable working distances can be realized. Thus the high optical sensitivity and a very good signal-to-noise ratio on all technical and organic surfaces can be transferred into lab use.The close-up lenses are available as single unit or sets of two.
A-MON-TFT3 TFT monitor for display of sensor video signal. TFT-Monitor with mounting set. Connects to the video output of the controller to display the targeting area via the sensor head camera. Resolution: 640x480 pixel
- Monitor with remote control
- DC power cable to controller 12V outlet
- Video cable
- Swivel adapter for tripod base Manual
A-VIB-ACC1 Seismic Reference Sensor
The reference sensor signal can be used to compensate for ambient vibration exciting the sensor head.
- IEPE compatible accelerometer
- sensitivity 102 mV/(m/s²)
- measurement range (+/- 5%): 0.06 – 450 Hz
- mechanical adapter: 10-32 UNF s
- shipped with 5m connection cable (BNC)
A-VIS-SCOP1 Scope with variable magnification 3-9 x 40. Parallax adjustment for different distances. Fits to the accessory rail of the RSV-I-150 Sensor. Delivers a wider field of view compared to the inline camera for a better overview on uniform targets like cables of stay-cable bridges.
A-CON-VIDEO USB Video Converter
Converts the internal sensor head camera's video signal for use in the VibSoft Data Acquistion package
VibSoft-20 is a 2 channel USB data acquisition system dedicated to Laser Vibrometers.
Details about this and other VibSoft versions please refer to the VibSoft page
3 packages are available:
VibSoft-20 Starter featuring:
- Live Video support
- Signal Processor for postprocessing of data
- 12 month free software updates
VibSoft-20 Professional containing all features of STARTER plus:
- 204,800 FFT lines
- 3 desktop licenses for offline analysis (floating licenses)
VibSoft-20 Education featuring all functions of the professional package plus:
- Life Time Software Maintenance: free updates provided during the whole life cycle of the product
When monitoring the structural health or dynamic behavior of structures like bridges and industrial plants, the RSV-150 Remote Sensing Vibrometer is an ideal tool for the cost-effective measurement of resonance frequencies, displacements and for non-destructive vibration testing.
Due to its long-range sensing capabilities even minute pier displacements under defined loads can be resolved from a distance.
In condition monitoring, the accessibility of measurement points is an issue, which can make predictive maintenance costly. The RSV-150 Remote Sensing Vibrometer is the versatile alternative to contact sensors, especially for monitoring and troubleshooting. It senses vibrations on remote points with the same precision as contact sensors.
It's unique features enable precise localization of vibration problems from a distance. Hazardous areas can be avoided due to the high stand-off distance.
Staying away from hazard zones in condition monitoring makes life easier and releases from time consuming safety procedures.
Remote sensing vibrometry provides access to inormation from zones with high radiation, electromagnetic fields, toxic gases or simply high temperatures from a distance. No matter if steam piping vibration at low frequency or high sophisitcated destectors in the word largest collider are monitored: The RSV-150 is the choice. Read the full story.