OFV-55x Fiber-Optic Sensor Head
Fiber optic vibrometer systems allow the user to point the measurement laser beam via a flexible cable terminated by a mini-lens. Fiber interferometers are most often used to measure small parts, when physical access is difficult, close stand-off-distances are required, or where relative motions between two points need to be measured.
Designed for Sophisticated Measurements
Fiber optic vibrometers simplify vibration measurement where physical access is difficult, close stand-off distances are required, or where relative motions between two points needs to be measured. The sensor heads utilize flexible fiber optics and an output lens to deliver the laser probe to the measurement point and to collect the reflected light as an input to the interferometer. This design allows for fiber-optic cables with diameters as small as 5 mm and lenses that focus the laser down to a 3 µm diameter spot. A special, dual-fiber design (OFV-552) permits the direct measurement of differential movement between two points. The flexibility and small size of the cable enables measurements in hard-to-reach and space-limited areas.
Polytec’s fiber optic vibrometers are widely used in the electronics industry for measurements on circuit boards, bonding wires, mobile phones and hard disc drive components. Other applications are found in micro structures, medicine, zoology, and automotive manufacturing.
- Single-point (OFV-551) or two-arm differential (OFV-552) vibrometer
- High-efficiency delivery and collection optics produce usable signals from poorly reflecting surfaces up to 1 m away
- High spatial resolution
- Typical spot size only 15 µm with standard lens, 3 µm with optional accessories and down to 1 µm through microscopes
- Rugged internal fiber coupler stabilizes the system against misalignment of the interferometer
- Integrated power dimmer adjusts output intensity (optional)
- Extremely compact and robust housing
- Compatible with entire family of Polytec vibrometer controllers and microscope-based systems
Adjustable Reference Head
Side Exit Head
Polytec's Mirror Kits contain differently sized mirrors which assist in the set-up of your measurement.
2-Axis Mirror Mount with He-Ne Mirror
Tripods, Positioning Stages, Test Stands
Precision Tip/Tilt Stage