PSV-500 Scanning Vibrometer
Optical Non-contact Vibration Mapping and Analysis
Polytec Scanning Vibrometers are time- and cost-effective tools for resolving noise and vibration issues during research and development in NVH, acoustics, structural dynamics and ultrasonics. There has never been an easier or more precise way to determine operational deflection shapes and Eigen modes. The PSV-500 Scanning Vibrometer represents the fifth generation of an instrument that, because of its unique features, has become a vital asset for researchers and developers worldwide.
- Non-contact – measure the true vibration of your structure
- Full-field – don’t miss any important details – high spatial resolution over mm2 to m2 areas with a 50° x 40° scan angle
- Versatile – tailored solutions for NVH, acoustics, structural dynamics or ultrasonics plus a wide range of accessories and software options
- Open-minded – PSV software provides open data interfaces and control interfaces for automation and for tailored solutions in science and development
- Safe investment – every PSV-500 can be extended for 3-D measurements
You see what you get with the new built-in EagleView HD camera. Pin sharp images document your setup. Benefit from a 4x higher resolution.
Larger objects or bigger portions of their surface can now be captured with the elaborate low-noise WideScan scanner technology providing a 50° x 40° scan area. PSV is truly a full-field probing technology allowing scan fields from 1 mm2 up to many m2.
With the new CoherenceOptimizer*, the sensitivity is now independent of stand-off distance and the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is improved.
The PSV-500 Front-End design integrates the latest digital decoding and data acquisition* in one compact box. In addition, a multi-channel arbitrary waveform generator* provides signals e.g. for structural excitation using a shaker.
VibroLink* transfers all measurement data without conversion losses to the Data Management System. Unparalleled low noise is one benefit. Simplified cabling with only two Ethernet connections provides additional flexibility and ease of operation.
Reduced weight and dimensions due to an innovative front-end design, miniaturized interferometer and highly integrated electronics, lead to increased mobility and extended flexibility.
Some of the other innovations that guarantee PSV-500 will become the new Gold Standard are:
- Integrated wide dynamic range Geometry Scan Unit* with 50 - 75% reduced measurement time
- QuickSnap laser autofocus with 50% reduced focus time
New ergonomic system cabinet* for quick setup, mobility and convenient working heights
*) some features are optional or not available for all models. Please refer to the datasheet for details
All PSV-500 models are configured for standard acoustics, structual dynamics or ultrasonics applications. Polytec offers a variety of options expanding on these capabilities in order to meet the more specific needs of our customers.
Ask your local sales representative for the best choice of hardware extensions, productivity enhancing accessories and software options.