PSV-500-3D Scanning Vibrometer
Acquire and Analyze Vibrations in Three Dimensions
Models to simulate structural vibrations must be validated using reliable experimental data. Three dimensional scanning laser vibrometry is a unique tool for test and simulation engineers to be able to quickly and very accurately determine operating deflection shapes and eigen modes of complex objects across a wide range of frequencies. Measurement data are reliable if they reflect the actual vibration characteristics of the real object. This is precisely what the non-contact method guarantees. The PSV-500-3D Scanning Vibrometer was developed to meet your needs in performance, accuracy and data analysis for both structural dynamics testing and ultrasonic evaluations.
- Non-contact - measure the true vibration of your sample
- Full-field - don't miss any important details - high spatial resolution over mm2 to m2 areas with a 50° x 40° scan angle
- Versatile - tailored solutions for NVH, structural dynamics or ultrasonics
- Open minded - PSV software provides open data interfaces and control interfaces for automation and for tailored solutions in science and development
- Effective - with the unique RoboVib® Test Station modal testing can be fully automated
- Compact - System Cabinet acts as a convenient workstation and storage for all standard accessories. Integrated 24" TFT Monitor with swivel stand.
You see what you get with the new built-in EagleView HD camera. Pin sharp images document your setup. Benefit from a 4x higher resolution.
Larger objects or bigger portions of their surface can now be captured with the elaborate low-noise WideScan scanner technology providing a 50° x 40° scan area. PSV-500-3D is truly a full-field and 3D probing technology allowing scan fields from 1 mm2 up to m2.
With the new CoherenceOptimizer*, the sensitivity is now independent of stand-off distance and the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is improved.
The PSV-500 Front-End design integrates the latest digital decoding technology for the 3 scanning heads.
The fully digital PSV-500-3D-H has 8-channel data acquisition with a 4-channel arbitrary waveform generator integrated into the same box, providing excellent preconditions for experimental modal testing with MIMO setups.
VibroLink* transfers all measurement data without conversion losses to the Data Management System. Unparalleled low noise is one benefit. Simplified cabling with only 2 Ethernet connection provided additional flexibility and ease of operation.
Reduced weight and dimensions due to an innovative front-end design, miniaturized interferometer and highly integrated electronics, lead to increased mobility and extended flexibility.
Some of the other innovations that guarantee PSV-500 will become the new Gold Standard are:
- Integrated wide dynamic range Geometry Scan Unit* with 50 - 75% reduced measurement time
- QuickSnap laser autofocus with 50% reduced focus time
New ergonomic system cabinet* for quick setup, mobility and convenient working heights
*) some features are optional or not available for all models. Please refer to the datasheet for details
All PSV-500 models are configured for standard acoustics, structural dynamics or ultrasonics applications. Polytec offers a variety of options expanding on these capabilities in order to meet the more specific needs of our customers.
Ask your local sales representative for the best choice of hardware extensions, productivity enhancing accessories and software options.
The extension that offers the greatest productivity enhancement for the PSV-500-3D-H Structural Dynamics model is the fully automated "RoboVib® Structural Test Station".
The StrainProcessor is an option available for both systems that, along with appropriate hardware accessories, enables dynamic durability measurements.