PSV-400-M4-S Scanning Vibrometer High-Speed Ultrasonic
Non-contact Vibration Measurement, Vizualization and Analysis
The PSV-400-M4-S Vibrometer is designed as a measurement tool for non-contact measurement, visualization and analysis of ultrsonic actuators. It determines the operational deflection shapes and eigenmodes as easily as taking a photograph. Entire surfaces can be scanned and probed automatically using flexible and interactive measurement grids. Measurements can be made over a wide frequency bandwidth up to 1 MHz. The PSV-400-M4-S offers technical excellence with powerful software for dynamic measurement, analysis and real-time chromatic display of data. It is a valuable tool for the designer of medical and industrial ultrasonic actuators, helping to validate Finite Element Models and create an efficient and safe design.
- Easy and intuitive operation and rapid, non-contact vibration measurement
- Grid definition by Finite Element Model geometry import
- Easy manual grid definition with the interactive drawing tools
- High dynamic range: can cope with high velocities of ultrasonic actuators
- Optional close-up unit and test stand for precise measurements on miniature samples for medical use
- Laser spot size in the micrometer range for safe measurements on delicate structures
- Open software platform with standardized programming and data interfaces for perfect integration in the development workflow
- Export filters to modal analysis software
- Export for animated deflection shapes and data visualization
- Fully upgradeable to a 3D Scanning Vibrometer
For the measurement of small parts (³ 1mm x 1mm) and for measurements in close, Polytec offers the PSV-I-400 scan unit. Equipped with either a 99.8 % or 97 % splitter. Includes a set of close-up lenses for video (1, 2 and 4 diopters) and a HE-NE block filter.
Options: PSV-A-CL-80, PSV-A-CL-150 and PSV-A-CL-300 Lenses with fixed 80 mm, 150 mm, and 300 mm stand-off distance, respectively.
Allows for measurements on small samples like hard disk sliders, read-write heads or ultrasonic actuators
Lenses for coaxial attachment to the PSV-A-410 for the measurements of very small parts or mirror-like surfaces.
Available for stand-off distances of 80mm, 150mm and 300mm.
For translational positioning of the PSV-I-400 scan head when measuring small objects (e.g. HDD, DVD, etc.). Consists of a motorized three-stage telescope positioner, 90°-bracket for mounting PSV-I-400 scan head, drive electronics and control keypad, and base plate with metric and imperial hole patterns for mounting on standard optical tables. The microprocessor- controlled drive electronics allow positioning at three different speeds. The available positioning range of 300 mm covers all possible optical set-ups of the PSV-A-410 Close-Up Unit.
Laser-based distance sensor for the direct acquisition of 3-D geometry data. The Geometry Scan Unit comprises an optical distance sensor and full software integration with the PSV program (version 8.2 onwards) and it extends the capabilities of the PSV-I-400 scanning head to work as a 3-D geometry acquisition system. Attached to the PSV-I-400 scanning head it measures the x, y and z component of every defined measurement point or reference point. The Geometry Scan Unit includes software modules with the following features:
- User-defined object coordinate system
- Single-shot distance measurement
- Scanning distance measurement
- Visualization of geometry with overlaid vibration data
- Definition of reference points for 3-D alignment (PSV-400-3D)
- Geometry data export to UFF files
On smaller objects a software solution based on image processing is available for PSV-400-3D systems: VideoTriangulation.
Not available for the PSV-400-B Basic Scanning Vibrometer.
General System Specifications
0 – 1 MHz (2 MHz option)
0.02 µm/s ... 20 m/s
> 0.04 m ( 60mm with PSV-A-CL-60 front lens)
633 nm (red)
Laser protection class
Class II He-Ne laser, 1 mW per sensor, eye-safe
Several mm² up to m² range