PSV-400-3D-M High Frequency Scanning Vibrometer
Acquire and Analyze Vibrations in Three Dimensions
The PSV-400-3D-M Scanning Vibrometer is designed as a specialized tool for ultrasonic and NDT applications. Measurement data are reliable if they reflect the actual vibration characteristics of the real object. This is precisely what the non-contact method guarantees. With its advanced technology and high-performance measurement, analysis and presentation software, the PSV-400-3D-M allows you to easily investigate solutions to ultrasonic actuator dynamic issues in research and development.
- Fast, precise, non-contact three-dimensional measuring technique
- High spatial resolution
- Up to 1 MHz bandwidth for ultrasonic applications
- Complete acquisition of the three-dimensional vibration vectors
- Clear separation of the out-of-plane and in-plane components in 3-D-animation
- Use of either imported geometry data or interactively created scan mesh
- Simple calibration of the sensor head´s position in the object’s coordinate system
- Export of data in UFF and other formats for processing in modal analysis systems
- Data suitable for convenient FE model update
- Perfect to ensure safe operation by the indentification of mode coupling in ultrasonic tools
- Easy and intuitive to operate
- Non-contact and surface independent
- Dynamics and geometry – the entire measurement task in 3-D
- Integrated visualization tools for 3-D deflection shapes
- Cost-effective and seamless integration into the CAE world by import and export filters for geometry and vibration data
- Dynamic strain extension available for durability tasks
Polytec's PSV-400-3D is based on the technology of our well-established PSV (Polytec scanning Vibrometers). By using three independent scanning vibrometer sensor heads and controllers, vibration velocity measurements are made simultaneously from three different directions for each respective sample point. The three sensors are controlled centrally by the PSV measurement and control software. Knowing the geometry of the measurement object, the x,y, and vibration components can be calculated from the angles of incidence of the lasers. The results can be directly compared with conventional contact triax accelerometers.
Performing a typical measurement involves these simple steps:
- Position the sensor heads in front of the object to be measured
- Train the space coordinate system
- Define the sample points on the object
- Set the parameters for analog and digital acquisition of measurement values
- Start the scan
- Evaluate and/or export the data
Accessories for High Frequency Tasks
Tabletop Tripod PSV-A-T34
Rigid support for three PSV-500 or PSV-400 scan heads. The angle between the scan heads is optimized and balanced for resolution of all vibrational components (in-plane and out-of-plane). Support for A-CAZ-1000 and PSV-A-515-Z cameras.
The tripod is an essential accessory for the measurement of small parts and very helpful for dynamic strain measurements with the PSV-3D
External digital camera with macro zoom lens for the PSV-3D Scanning Vibrometer Systems. Allows precise measurement point definition on small samples. Provides higher resolution than the internal camera of the legacy PSV-400 series for small objects and short working distances.
- Resolution 1034 x 779 pixels
- 1/4" thread adapter for tripod mounting
Includes a 1/3" C-mount macro zoom lens
- Focal length 8.5 mm - 90 mm
- Minimum working distance 178 mm
- Smallest field-of-view 6 x 8 mm
Mounting adapters are provided also for the tripod systems PSV-A-T51, PSV-A-T51 and PSV-A-T34 tripod systems.
Laser-based distance sensor for the direct acquisition of 3-D geometry data. The Geometry Scan Unit comprises an optical distance sensor and full software integration with the PSV program (version 8.2 onwards) and it extends the capabilities of the PSV-I-400 scanning head to work as a 3-D geometry acquisition system. Attached to the PSV-I-400 scanning head it measures the x, y and z component of every defined measurement point or reference point. The Geometry Scan Unit includes software modules with the following features:
- User-defined object coordinate system
- Single-shot distance measurement
- Scanning distance measurement
- Visualization of geometry with overlaid vibration data
- Definition of reference points for 3-D alignment (PSV-400-3D)
- Geometry data export to UFF files
On smaller objects a software solution based on image processing is available for PSV-400-3D systems: VideoTriangulation.
Not available for the PSV-400-B Basic Scanning Vibrometer.
Software Option for PSV Software (version 8.6 or higher) optimizing the measurement point geometry with the PSV-500-3D by image processing. Boosts the accuracy of the geometry measurement of the Geometry Scan Unit especially for small objects, for high-frequency measurement and for strain measurement.
The precision of the PSV-3D is determined not only by the precision of the sensor, but also by a precise definition of the position of the three sensor heads in space. The procedure to acquire this specific information, called 3-D alignment, is supported for high-precision or high-frequency measurements by this reference object. It features a tripod adapter for VIB-A-T02 tripods for convenient positioning and adjustment in front of the actual measurement object.
Precisely machined and marked reference points with known coordinates and a well-balanced distribution of these marks in space allow a precisely defined basic alignment of the PSV-3D measurement system for perfect results.
General System Specifications
0 – 1 MHz
0.01 µm/s ... 10 m/s
> 0.04 m (depending on front optics)
633 nm (red)
Laser safety class
Class II He-Ne laser, 1 mW per sensor, eye-safe
Several mm² up to m² range