LSV-6000 Series Laser Surface Velocimeter
When the best is needed, the LSV-6000 Series answers the call. Without compromising important features such as accuracy, velocity direction (+/–) or zero speed measurement (stand still detection), Polytec designed and built a rugged and reliable instrument for velocity and length measurements in difficult mill environments. By incorporating advanced laser technology, the LSV-6000 Series eliminates common problems that plague traditional contact-wheel measurement methods such as slippage, chatter, changing wheel diameter and frequent maintenance.
- Flexible system configurations meet the requirements of demanding mill conditions
- Fast, simple integration into mill monitoring and process-control systems
- Automatic Surface Adaptation (ASA) feature compensates for changing surface conditions providing a high-quality signal on virtually any surface
- Fast Burst Detector (FBD) locks on to and follows true velocity, even during periods of high acceleration
- Measure safely with stand off distances up to 2.5 m (8.2 ft), and depths-of-field up to 200 mm
- Accurate velocity measurements indicate forward, backward and standstill conditions
- Fast signal processing outputs of 1024 measurements/second for tight process control loops needing measurement accuracy and short cycle times
- Many interface options including ethernet, RS-232/-422, quadrature encoder and current loop
- High-performance set-up and diagnostic software to configure, program and process measurements
- User-friendly, two-line display shows velocity, length and status information on site; optional large display
- Eye-safe, visible laser beam
The LSV Sensor Head is the watchful eye of the system, measuring the in- plane movement of the material surface with the aid of laser Doppler interferometry. Its compact size allows for integration into the mill at any required orientation. Various stand-off distances are available to enable positioning the sensor head at the most appropriate distance. The LSV comes in two configurations: the compact, IP65-rated (NEMA4) LSV-065 for light industrial duty or the liquid-cooled LSV-026 for use in harsh mill environments.
The LSV Controller powers the sensor head, provides signal conditioning and can be located up to 110 meters (360 ft) away. It offers various output options including Ethernet, RS-232/-422, quadrature encoder pulse and more for interfacing with monitoring and process-control systems. Length and velocity data are simultaneously displayed and updated every millisecond at each output.
The LSV PC Software provides system configuration, diagnostics, and data presentation/analysis in a Windows® 2000/XP environment.
LSV-027 Mounting Plate with three-Axis Tilt
The LSV-027 mounting platform makes it easier to realize precise and reliable alignment of the LSV-026 Sensor Head in relation to the object
Sensor Head Cables
Various oil- and heat-resistant sensor head cables are available for different mill process environments, with cable lengths of up to 110 m between sensor head and controller. The section of cable near the sensor is exposed to the harshest ambient conditions and is therefore designed to be a “breakaway cable” that can be quickly exchanged.
LSV-029 Adapter Box
The universal adapter box enables you to exchange the breakaway cable quickly and contains connections for the
laser warning lamp, an additional on/off switch for the laser, and a beam shutter.