LSV-300 Laser Surface Velocimeter
The robust, IP 66 protected LSV Controller powers the sensor head and provides signal conditioning and processing. It accepts commands from process controllers and can be monitored by a computer via its serial interface. The LSV controller easily integrates with a local area network (LAN) through the optional Ethernet interface. Length and velocity data are simultaneously displayed and updated every millisecond at each output.
- Maximum velocity ± 7,200 m/min; accuracy 0.05% of measured value
- Measurement value output rate up to 1042/s
- Stand-off distance: up to 2,500 mm
- Two-line LCD display of velocity and length data - English or Metric units can be configured via RS-232 interface
- Fast, state-of-the-art signal processor with powerful command set for efficient system communication via serial interface
- High speed RS-232 or RS-422 interface (max. 230 kbit/s)
- Heterodyne technology for high precision velocity and length measurements, where forward, reverse and standstill conditions persist
- Rugged, compact controller housing and flexible sensor head (IP 66 protected) for industrial environments
- Attractive price performance ratio and excellent ROI Easy integration with process control systems using standard Ethernet, encoder or other process interfaces Includes “Material Present”
- Function to detect the presence of material in the field of view and for offset length compensation
- Various protective housings and air purge devices are available for harsh environments
- Includes an RS-422 interface for optional, large-area panel display
The LSV-065 Sensor Head is the watchful eye of the system, measuring the in-plane movement of the material surface with the aid of laser Doppler velocimetry. Its compact size and long stand-off distance allows for simple integration into the production line. Optional housings that cool and protect the LSV enable its use in hot and contaminated environments.
The robust, IP66-protected LSV Signal Processor powers the sensor head and provides signal conditioning and processing. It accepts commands from process controllers and can be monitored by a notebook computer via its serial interface. The LSV Controller easily integrates with a local area network (LAN) through the optional Ethernet interface. Length and velocity data are simultaneously displayed and updated every millisecond at each output.
The user-friendly LSV PC software is an integral part of every LSV measurement system. The LSV PC software runs under Windows® 2000 and XP. It not only simplifies configuration of the system, but also offers excellent process, observation and analysis options.
Cooling plate with air-purge unit and quick-exchange window, operational temperature range +40 °C to +70 °C (104 °F to 158 °F)
Cooling plate, same as LSV-A-031 but with nozzle
Cooled housing with air-purge unit and quick-exchange window. Protection class IP66. Operational temperature range –20 °C to +200 °C (–4 °F to +392 °F)